Here is what I have for our re-watch, based on my notes and the Post-Film Writing:
- Sound and m-e-s (music, dialogue, environmental sounds).
- Use of color and light, especially in the context of "memory," but also the use of low key lighting.
- Setting, especially the house.
- Props and special effects (the ships, the aliens, military equipment and, relatedly, costume).
- In particular, the first clear shot of the Montana ship and the military compound (setting), and the first scene in the interior of the ship.
- Action and performance, especially Amy Adams.
- The use of the "framing" shots.
In addition, there is interest in discussing how this film handles time and time travel, especially in comparison to Twelve Monkeys.